Duties & Responsibilities:
The role of the production manager will be to
- Independently plan and execute laboratory work in support of customers’ requests, new product launches, quality complaints and assessment of competitive materials as assigned.
- Evaluate and ensure compliance with manufacturing plant’s safety procedures and standards. This includes inspection, audit, training, and accident/incident reporting.
- Supervise daily activities of production area. Co-ordinate work schedules, staff requirements, and production sequences to maximize productivity.
- Support new product application, equipment, and development.
- Maintain laboratory instruments, troubleshooting malfunctions, and purchasing new laboratory supplies.
- Write technical papers and reports, and preparing standards and specifications for processes, tests, and products.
- Assist/Conduct investigations of product & process problems related to raw materials and procedure upsets.
- Actively participate in implementing strategies and policies, which constantly improve the day-to-day and long-term operation. Provide input into decisions regarding direction, training, goal setting, corrective action, and other administrative functions.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking for an exciting challenge and ready to gain significant experience within an outstanding organisation.
The Production Manager will be based in Ghana and will require the following attributes:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or related field.
- Knowledge in handling quality control. Performs product testing, evaluation and able to give QC adjustments.
- Familiar with tinting paint and coating applications. Use visual color evaluation techniques, spectrophotometer, and software to verify color accuracy. Interpret data using programs such as Datacolor, X-rite, or BYK-mac i.
- Experience in laboratory work and in scientific research and development.
- Must be a self-starter, and able to work independently, as well as be a team player.
- Strong problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
- Ability to direct and motivate employees.
- Good presentation, documentation, and reporting skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.(English is compulsory)
Package & Remuneration
The Production Manager will be responsible for the processes, formulations, and overall workflow that are essentials in paint manufacturing business to ensure product quality and safety.